Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/27 17:02:26 UTC

ORB Singleton: Access Denied

Hi,

I am using JDK1.3 and Tomcat 4.0 on win 2K. I am trying to access my remote
machine and give a handle to my application server of the remote object
using RMI-IIOP.

I know this method works, because its been working on Websphere on OS/390. I
am trying to port my product to Tomcat on Win/Linux.

The code is
**
orb = ORB.init();
// getIOR returns a string
String factoryIOR = getIOR(path);
//fails below
org.omg.CORBA.Object genFacRef = orb.string_to_object(factoryIOR);
**

When ran it gives me an exception called "java.lang.securityException:
ORBSingleton:access denied"

This is apparently a common error, but I have not found solutions on the net
for this.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brown Bay.