Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/02 13:44:30 UTC

Re: Mirrored image after transcoding

Hi Patrick,

> i'm trying to transcode an SVG document into an EPS document, and this goes
> fine. It's just that the final transcoded image seems to be mirrored.

First of all, Batik documentation claims that transcoding to EPS is
possible using FOP [1], though I wasn't able to find that particular
format in the set of supported output [2] (nor within the Batik source
code). I'm not sure if this is a mistake or outdated information in
the Batik documentation... Note that FOP doest support PS output [3],
although it is stated that "SVG support is far from being complete"
[4].

As you don't provide enough information (Batik version -- or revision
if working with the trunk source code), Java and operating system
environment, etc. it is quite hard to try providing any interesting
feedback... :-|

Please consider:
 * Providing environment information;
 * Assembling a reduced test case (SVG+Java code?) which reproduces
the behavior you are experiencing and attach it to a follow-up;
 * Opening your SVG file in Batik Squiggle: if it displays as
expected, then the issue is in the transcoder implementation.

Hope this helps,
 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/index.html#uses
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/output.html