Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/11/10 05:51:19 UTC

Specs: Individual specs also in J2EE...

So I notice that the JSR-88 code is in
geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment-1.1-rc4.jar and also
geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.4-rc4.jar.  I guess "spec-j2ee" is a rollup of
all (or most of) the others?  Is there a preference for whether other
modules should depend on the individual spec modules or the overall
"spec-j2ee" module?

Aaron

Re: Specs: Individual specs also in J2EE...

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1 This really helps when people want to use the code standalone

But we must provide a rollup jar so our users don't have to hunt down
10 spec jars.

-dain

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
I am of the same opinion.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
>From a Maven point of view with transitive dependencies, this is
imperative. The universal jar should just be a distribution
convenience (if it is built at all).

- Brett

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I think referring to one is simpler.  That way exceptions will stand out.  I'm
not sure I see a downside.