Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vishwam <gv...@info-telecomsys.com> on 2005/07/05 12:31:50 UTC

deny directory listing in tomcat

hi,

 iam using tomcat5.0, I have developed a web application on my server  and I
want to deny directory listing  in tomcat so that if any one types even
http://localhost:8080 it should deny the listings.
I tried by changing in
web.xml  <listings >false<listings> tag, but by this method I can prevent
only my application.

Can any one suggest the solution please.

Thanks
G.Vishwam

Re: deny directory listing in tomcat

Posted by Antony Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 7/5/05, vishwam <gv...@info-telecomsys.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>  iam using tomcat5.0, I have developed a web application on my server  and I
> want to deny directory listing  in tomcat so that if any one types even
> http://localhost:8080 it should deny the listings.
> I tried by changing in
> web.xml  <listings >false<listings> tag, but by this method I can prevent
> only my application.
>
> Can any one suggest the solution please.

put index.jsp or index.html in every folder.

--
rgds
Antony Paul