Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by rh...@telerama.com on 2002/09/04 18:17:28 UTC

external graphic truncated?

I am using fo:external-graphic to add an image to my document.
It's a svg image.

However, the rendered pdf document displays the image as being truncated
at about the 25% point of the image (more so for width).
The image is truncated,  not scaled.

If I go to the the referenced src document within a browser, the image is
displayed properly.

I have tried adding the image to it's own fo:block.  Did not help.
I am adding it to the body region, so I do not see the image being
constrained by the region.  I have another fo-block added to the same
region that spans the entire region.

While I have seen attribute such as width that can be added, I wonder why
I would have to add this attribute to the external graphic element.
Should'nt the default be to fill the region and then truncate or scale?

Any pointers? Thanks!

Re: external graphic truncated?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
rhodespc@telerama.com wrote:

> I am using fo:external-graphic to add an image to my document.
> It's a svg image.
>
> However, the rendered pdf document displays the image as being truncated
> at about the 25% point of the image (more so for width).
> The image is truncated,  not scaled.

The problem is that you probably used no units in the SVG,
so that the height and width are interpreted in pixels.
Usually it helps to specify the desired height and width
on the SVG element, with a real length unit like cm. If
the image should be 3cm * 2cm in the PDF, try
  <svg:svg height="3cm" width="2cm">
Specify the same height and width on the fo:external-graphic.

J.Pietschmann