Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeff Parsons <jp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 17:15:45 UTC

Overriding Default Radio Button Renderer

I've extended RadioPropertySelectionRenderer and overridden the appropriate
methods. I'm brand new to Tapestry and I'm stuck trying to figure out how to
tell Tapestry to use my new Renderer class.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Overriding Default Radio Button Renderer

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Hi Jeff.

If you're using Tapestry 3, pass a static instance of your renderer
to the PropertySelection component via the "renderer" parameter.

If you're using T4, quoting the docs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/form/PropertySelection.html

"Earlier versions of PropertySelection (through release 2.2)
were more flexible, they included a renderer  property that
controlled how the selection was rendered. Ultimately, this
proved of little value and this portion of functionality was
deprecated in 2.3 and will be removed in 2.3."

Why? I don't know, the "renderer" parameter is gone in T4 and it's a pity.
Complaints to the dev list, please.

Cheers,
Nick.