Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com> on 2018/06/02 08:23:55 UTC

Re: Support updating/deleting data for stream table

Hi  Raghu:
  Yep, you are right, so I said solution 1 is not very precise when there
are still some data you want to update/delete being stored in stream
segments, solution 2 can handle this scenario you mentioned.
  But, in my opinion, the scenario of deleting historical data is more
common than the one of updating data, the data size of stream table will
grow day by day, user generally want to delete specific data to make data
size not too large, for example, if user want to keep data for one year, he
need to delete one year ago of data everyday. On the other hand, solution 2
is more complicated than solution 1, we need to consider the implement of
solution 2 in depth.
  Based on the above reasons, Liang Chen, Jacky, David and I prefered to
implement Solution 1 first. Is it ok for you?

  Is there any other suggestion?

Re: Support updating/deleting data for stream table

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
Hi:
  ok, I will create a parent jira to trace this issue.

Re: Support updating/deleting data for stream table

Posted by Raghunandan S <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Those are 2 steps in the same solution. Not different solutions. We can
create jira considering all and implement only the part. The parent jira
would get closed when all the child jira are implemented

Regards
Raghu

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi