Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Coleman, Chris" <Ch...@thalesgroup.com.au> on 2011/03/25 03:36:36 UTC

Calendar bug on IE8 (also occurred on IE6 7 IE7)

IE seems to have a problem when executing the following line when bringing up a form within a modal dialog that contains a DateTimeField. Does anyone know why this line would cause such an error and if there is a simple work around. Apparently it works if the Form wraps the ModalWindow but not the way we have it where the form is inside the Modal content but change that architecture is a problem for us now.

       /**
       * Renders the calendar after it has been configured. The render() method has a specific call chain that will execute
       * when the method is called: renderHeader, renderBody, renderFooter.
       * Refer to the documentation for those methods for information on
       * individual render tasks.
       * @method render
       */
       render : function() {
              this.beforeRenderEvent.fire();

              // Find starting day of the current month
              var workingDate = DateMath.findMonthStart(this.cfg.getProperty(DEF_CFG.PAGEDATE.key));

              this.resetRenderers();
              this.cellDates.length = 0;

              Event.purgeElement(this.oDomContainer, true);

              var html = [];

              html[html.length] = '<table cellSpacing="0" class="' + this.Style.CSS_CALENDAR + ' y' + workingDate.getFullYear() + '" id="' + this.id + '">';
              html = this.renderHeader(html);
              html = this.renderBody(workingDate, html);
              html = this.renderFooter(html);
              html[html.length] = '</table>';

---->         this.oDomContainer.innerHTML = html.join("\n");  <----   gives calendar.js.line 3225 Unknown Error

              this.applyListeners();
              this.cells = this.oDomContainer.getElementsByTagName("td");

              this.cfg.refireEvent(DEF_CFG.TITLE.key);
              this.cfg.refireEvent(DEF_CFG.CLOSE.key);
              this.cfg.refireEvent(DEF_CFG.IFRAME.key);

              this.renderEvent.fire();
       },

DISCLAIMER:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and previous e-mail messages
attached to it are private and confidential. They may contain proprietary or copyright
material or information that is subject to legal professional privilege. They are for
the use of the intended recipient only.  Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure,
copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is
strictly prohibited. No part may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
written permission of the owner. If you have received this transmission in error, or
are not an authorised recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return email,
copies. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not be deemed a
waiver of any privilege or protection. Thales Australia does not warrant or represent
that this e-mail or any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached are
error or virus free.

Re: IDE / Server Support

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Most of us run our app servers locally in debug mode.  Also, you
should check out JRebel.

Re: IDE / Server Support

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
 take a look at:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5373522/is-jrebel-ever-used-in-production-environments-what-can-it-reload-on-the-jvm

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2844135/which-java-web-frameworks-provide-hot-reload

Regards,
Peter.

> Hi,
>
> How do you get fast deployment in development with large Wicket EJB
> applications?
>
> Wicket pages are ordinary class files that do not always seem to have
> special redeployment support like JSP files or HTML files.
>
> I have an EJB 3.1 app deployed on GlassFish 3.1. Web pages in the web
> directory deploy automatically in milliseconds, but whenever I save a
> Java class file, deploy on save deploys the whole application.
>
> This is not a big deal with hello world apps, but it hurts badly
> otherwise. As an example I tried the Wicket example application with
> hundreds of class files which takes more than half a minute to deploy
> on fast computers, and during that time, the IDE freezes.
>
> I thought that a decent servlet container should be able to detect
> single class file changes and hot-deploy them individually. But I
> might be wrong. The NetBeans folks think otherwise and refer me to the
> GlassFish server docs.
>
> I don't care so much about their view because what matters to me is
> the fact that - say a PHP developer - just saves his files and hits
> the reload button, and that is what I try to get, too. Otherwise I
> feel I am fighting an uphill battle.
>
> Any thoughts are appreciated.
>
> Bernard

http://jetwick.com open twitter search