Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Minh Kama Yie <mi...@nuix.com.au> on 2002/04/11 02:05:56 UTC

dynamic configuration of existing channels

Hi all,

I'm running log4j 1.1.3 and rather new to it all so please excuse my naivety

>From what I understand, if I was to call PropertyConfigurator (or any other configurator) at runtime, it would dynamically change the properties for the lo4j category. Does this change apply to _existing_ (already instantiated) categories?

The reason why I'm asking is because we use static Category objects in our session ejbs.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but after a look through the mailling lists I couldn't find any references to this problem (properties of existing categories).

Thanks in advance,

Minh