Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> on 2017/09/12 06:40:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

# Apache CloudStack LTS Maintenance Release 4.9.3.0

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the release of
CloudStack 4.9.3.0 as part of its LTS 4.9.x releases. The CloudStack
4.9.3.0 release contains more than 180 fixes since the CloudStack 4.9.2.0
release. Cloudstack LTS branches are supported for 20 months, and
will receive updates for first 14 months and only security updates in its
last 6 months. The 4.9 LTS branch is supported until  1 June 2018.

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March, 2013.

More information about Apache CloudStack can be found at:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/

# Documentation

What's new in CloudStack 4.9.3.0:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.3.0/about.html

The 4.9.3.0 release notes include a full list of issues fixed, as well
as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack, and
can be found at:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.3.0

The official installation, administration and API documentation for
each of the releases are available on our documentation page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.9.3.0 release can be downloaded from our
downloads page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
download page, and can be found at:

http://www.shapeblue.com/packages/
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu/dists/ (packages to be published soon)
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/6/ (packages to be published soon)
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/7/ (packages to be published soon)

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

Re: [ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Gregoire,

Thanks for sharing, can you share:

- Your environment details, hypervisors, basic vs advance zone/networking, storage (NFS vs local storage etc)

- What is your management server os? (centos6, 7, or ubuntu?)

- When you say your VPC failed in 4.9.3.0, what exactly works or does not work in the VPC? (vm deployment, VR deployment, network rules, ACLs, are the VRs redundant in the vpcs, etc?)

- When you say it fails for old 4.9.2.0 and 4.9.3.0 instances, what do you mean? Do they fail to deploy or start, can you see any errors in logs or share management server logs?

- For 4.9.3.0, we've seen static nat/PF rules pass with some integration testing done. I'm not able to reproduce the static nat or PF related tests.

- Rohit

________________________________
Posted by Grégoire Lamodière <g....@dimsi.fr>.
Hi Rohit,

Thank your for your answer.
My tests were done without upgrading systemvmtemplates, and I have few more results :

1/ It fails for both old (created on 4.9.2) and new (created on 4.9.3) VPC
2/ It fails for old (4.9.2) and new (4.9.3) instances
3/ As long as the virtual routeur (created on 4.9.2) is not destroyed, static nat / port forwarding is working
4/ Once a VR is re-created (or freshly created on 4.9.3), it stop working

From what I can see. If no static nat nor port forward is set for an instance, the instance can access Internet using the source-nat interface.
Once you assign a port-forward / static nat to a instance, you can no longer access the instance from outside, and the instance itself can no longer access Internet (but is able to ping the gateway).

On the VR, the 3 interfaces are properly configured and within VR, no problem to ping Internet.

Anybody else can reproduce this issue ?

---
Grégoire Lamodière

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Gregoire,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Sean,

Thanks, I think these issues were missed from the list since the list is created using git log summary that have the CLOUDSTACK-xxxx prefix, I checked the specific commits don't have the JIRA id in the git commit's summary. However, this is not a blocker you may send a PR against the 4.9 branch for https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn

- Rohit

FYI, small thing, some of the fixed issues aren't showing up in the release notes.  They were merged, but just not in the release notes.  Here are a few I noticed:

Thanks
Sean

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com