Posted to user@commons.apache.org by rose maria <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/17 23:27:31 UTC

Urgent:::commons-email

Hi,
I was able to send a mail by using SimpleEmail class
of commons-email when i used the following code

		SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();
		email.setDebug(true);
		email.setHostName("test.myhost.com");

      ---->>>>
email.addTo("jinimaria@yahoo.com,Maria");

		email.setFrom("me@mycompany.com", "Me");
		email.setMsg("This is a simple test For mail");
		email.send();

but it is not working when i tried to use with a
Collection that is  i replaced "addTo" with "setTo".It
is not
giving any error.Code is as folloing

	  	Collection c = new ArrayList();
	  	c.add("jinimaria@yahoo.com");
      ---->>>>	email.setTo(c);
		email.setFrom("me@mycompany.com", "Me");
		email.setMsg("This is a simple test For
collection");
		email.send();
   Am i missing somthing here.Itried both with
commons-email-0.1-dev.jar and
commons-email-SNAPSHOT.jar

   Please include a code snippet if you have any...

   Your help would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks
   Maria

Re: Urgent:::commons-email

Posted by Marty Phee <mp...@jump-technologies.com>.
Download the souce code.  It looks like they should be InternetAddress objects
in the collection and not strings.