Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/06 16:01:02 UTC

[New bee] Getting started?

Hi folks!

I'm really interested in contributing to Apache Quarks, fascinated by the
concepts being implemented.

I'm a committer at Apache Airavata and currently working with stream and
batch processing systems at WSO2 Inc.

Any recommendations on where to start in terms of contributing ?

Cloned the repo and went through some introduction material.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Sachith Withana

Re: [New bee] Getting started?

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
Hi,

It’s great to hear you are interested in contributing Sachith!

I guess my recommendation - take it for what it is worth - is to pick an area you are most interested in, in terms of what to contribute.

If you went through the samples did you think of another scenario that might be useful for your needs?  Did you find any errors in the samples or the documentation that you would like to correct?

You could also comb through the wiki and see if something is unclear - it would help future contributors if you noticed anything that gave you trouble, and fixed it to make it cleaner / clearer.

Any contribution is appreciated, so I would just say head in a direction that interests you.

Cheers,

Susan