Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Matt Ouellette <mf...@thecsl.org> on 2006/11/03 18:16:05 UTC

Adding Links to ppt files

I've been trying to add a link to another file to a slide in a ppt file
created with the hslf library.  I haven't been able to find any
information on how to do this.  I was wondering if there is anything in
the library that be used to do this and what it is.  And if there isn't,
if anyone has a suggestion on how to do it, I would appreciate that.

Re: Adding Links to ppt files

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Matt Ouellette wrote:
> I've been trying to add a link to another file to a slide in a ppt file
> created with the hslf library.  I haven't been able to find any
> information on how to do this.  I was wondering if there is anything in
> the library that be used to do this and what it is.  And if there isn't,
> if anyone has a suggestion on how to do it, I would appreciate that.

I don't think we currently support that.

The thing to do is take a file, with a single slide, and one paragraph of
text. Save that.

Open a copy of it, add your link in to that paragraph, and save it.

Now, use the various tools in org.apache.poi.hslf.dev to see what extra
records powerpoint added in for your link. If it's just one or two little
ones, it should be fairly easy to add support for it. Either code up the
record support yourself, or add the two files to bugzilla with a summary
of the records that changed, and someone else can code it up.

If records appeared all over the place, then it'll be quite a bit more
work to support.

Nick