Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2008/02/24 23:22:56 UTC

axis-c and apache modules...

I am working on a project that currently has an Apache C module in it.
 Now I need this C code to talk to some applications via SOAP.  Is
axis-C what I am looking for or is that a stand alone SOAP/Web Service
implementation using the Apache engine?

Ideally I would like to simply add to the one existing Apache Module I
have written.

Sam

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Sam Carleton wrote:
> I am working on a project that currently has an Apache C module in it.
>  Now I need this C code to talk to some applications via SOAP.  Is
> axis-C what I am looking for or is that a stand alone SOAP/Web Service
> implementation using the Apache engine?

So your module will act like a SOAP client to an external Web service?
If so, yes, you can use the client interface of Axis2/C and do that.

Samisa...

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sam,

As I added before to this discussion, I believe that you could use either
of the two options,

1. Adding mod_axis2
2. Adding mod_existing (+ mod_axis2 features)

The manual caters for 1, which actually targets users, developers like you
seeking for option 2, will rather have to browse through the header files,
to understand the inner workings of Axis2/C. However, as I said before, I
believe that if you could add the functionality in mod_axis2.c (just this
single file), into your module, and add to it the other files in
src/core/transport/http/server/apache2, which are support methods and API
extensions, you can improve your module to include Axis2/C support. Thus,
you will require just only your module being deployed in your apache
server instance, instead of having two.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Ok, let me present my perspective. You can use Axis2/C's httpd module
>  and implement a service, that will wrap your current C/C++ business
>  logic and the .NET application can communicate with the service hosted
>  with Axis2/C's httpd module.

So do you have any tips on exactly how I might go about doing this?
First off, it is the nature of Axis2/C such that the service is linked
into the same module as Axis2/C or is the service normally a library
that Axis2/C loads up via configuration?  I get the impression it is

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.
Senaka,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
>  I believe you are referring to Axis2/C. Axis doesn't have a C
>  implementation, but, a C++ implementation rather.
>
>  You can of course use your own module instead of the existing one. You
>  will have to implement the mod_axis2.c file to suit your environment. If
>  you want any further customization, you are free to modify the entire
>  source within src/core/transport/http/server/apache2, as long as it does
>  comply to the headers.
>
>  Regards,
>  Senaka
>

>  > I am working on a project that currently has an Apache C module in it.
>  >  Now I need this C code to talk to some applications via SOAP.  Is
>  > axis-C what I am looking for or is that a stand alone SOAP/Web Service
>  > implementation using the Apache engine?
>  >
>  > Ideally I would like to simply add to the one existing Apache Module I
>  > have written.
>  >
>  > Sam
>  >
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org
>  >
>  >

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the
named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it,
or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please

Re: axis-c and apache modules...

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sam,