Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashwani Kumar Sharma <As...@mindtree.com> on 2007/11/02 05:13:33 UTC

[users@httpd] compiling apache on windows with minimum foot print

Hi team,

I want to compile apache with minimum footprint possible on windows.

For doing this I want to build it with only those modules without which
apache cannot be built.

I want to exclude rest of the modules while building.

Can somebody tell me, which are those modules that can be excluded while
building on windows?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Sharma

Mob: 09916454843

Off: +91-80-26265053

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.

RE: [users@httpd] compiling apache on windows with minimum foot print

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.
Ashwani Kumar Sharma wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for the reply.
>
>Actually I want to compile the apache source code without including the extra
>modules. So, wanted to know what are those modules.
>
>In my application the apache's work is that it will simply send some jar
>files to my user through web that's it. So, I want to reduce the foot print
>of the apache so that it can fit into my application with minimum size.

Why not use a light-weight HTTP server like Lighttpd or Mongrel?
These are very fast and very small and can do exactly what you want
with no fuss.

Dragon

[users@httpd] Re: compiling apache on windows with minimum foot print

Posted by "Mark A. Craig" <ma...@gmail.com>.
What Bill was trying to tell you is that as of Apache 2.x the modules you're
worried about are no longer compiled into the httpd.exe core.  They are compiled
separately, and loaded dynamically according to whatever you specify in
httpd.conf.  Simply comment out the lines in httpd.conf which would load the
modules you don't need!  Have you not even installed Apache 2.2x and looked at
httpd.conf or viewed the very adequate documentation?  I think doing either
would have answered your question.

Does that hopefully end the misunderstanding?

Mark

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.