Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rocky Raccoon <rr...@bigfoot.com> on 2000/05/08 21:57:38 UTC

setExitOnFirstFatalError causes Parser to crash

DTD File
---------
<!NOTATION EDIFACT SYSTEM "EDIFACT Format">
<!NOTATION EDIFACT1 SYSTEM "EDIFACT1 Format">
<!ELEMENT el EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST el at NOTATION #REQUIRED>

XML File
----------
<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<!DOCTYPE el SYSTEM "err.dtd">
<el at="EDIFACT"/>

I understand that there is an error in the DTD. There should be a value
for attribute
"at" in the DTD.

When I setExitOnFirstFatalError(false);
& parse the XML File the Parser crashes.

Can be reproduced by modifying DOMPrint.cpp to
setExitOnFirstFatalError(false);
& parsing the file.

Re: setExitOnFirstFatalError causes Parser to crash

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
What do you mean by 'crash'? If you mean it just exits, that might be WAD.
Just because you say false on the first fatal error thing doesn't mean it
won't necessarily stop on the first error. It will try to recover, but some
errors it will consider too confusing to try to continue and it will stop
there. Turning off the first fatal error thing just say to 'make a greater
effort' to continue.

Now the particular error that you indicate doesn't seem like it would be one
of those, so I'm not saying that's what's going on. I'm just making a
general statement so that people will have the correct perspective on what
the first fatal error thing does.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib Class Libraries
Charmed Quark Software