Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Alexander Schwende <Al...@cas.de> on 2018/11/13 11:28:12 UTC

Unknown code in Huffman RLE stream

Hi,

we are using PDFBox 2.0.12 to convert PDF files to JPEG images. It works pretty good, but currently there are a few files that can't be converted. An "IOException: Unknown code in Huffman RLE stream" is thrown in the CCITTFaxDecoderStream.decodeRun() method. Now I'm not sure what this exception means ... is this typically the case when the PDF file is corrupt?

Thank you in advance,
Alexander

Re: Unknown code in Huffman RLE stream

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Then you'll have to investigate this yourself... try other viewers
(Adobe, Chrome, Edge Ghostscript, PDF.js) to see what they display, or
download our source code and open CCITTFaxDecoderStream.java. There
replace the exception with a "return", build and then see whether it
gets better or not.

Tilman

AW: Unknown code in Huffman RLE stream

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.