Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Oriente <Ja...@pathcom.com> on 2006/12/08 00:04:03 UTC

Trying to catch spoofed ToCc

Re: Trying to catch spoofed ToCc

Posted by Mike Pepe <la...@doki-doki.net>.
Loren Wilton wrote:
> Nasty to do without using a plugin or eval rule, but it can be done.
> The following is off the top of my head, and I almost guarantee it won't
> work correctly without testing and some minor tweak somewhere.  But you
> can try it and/or fool with it if you like.
>
> header __SENT_TO_ME    ALL ~=
> /\n(?i:Delivered-To):\s+([^\n]+)\n.{0,300}\n(?i:To|Cc):[^\n]+\b\1\b/
> meta NOT_SENT_TO_ME    !__SENT_TO_ME
>
> You can give that a try, but I warn you you may have to fiddle with it
> for half an hour to get it to work right.  Or maybe it will work now.
>
>         Loren

That looks pretty good, but I think that sort of user-specific action
might be best done in the user's procmail file-

(Well, assuming of course that that the user is using procmail!)

but something like

# if it's not to or cc me at this point, it's probably spam

:0
* !^(To|Cc).*{my email address}
possibly-spam

Towards the very end of the procmail script does the trick.

-Mike

Re: Trying to catch spoofed ToCc

  From: <so...@somewhere.com>
  To: Jason <ja...@domain.ext>
  Cc: Jason <bl...@domain.ext>
  Subject: Testing

  I have created a matching rule to statically qualify the validity of a domain (below).