Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Victor Denisov <vi...@autonomic.ai> on 2017/08/21 16:49:50 UTC

KTree instead of ktable

Hi,

I would like to build a structure similar to ktable, but instead of
structuring this data structure as a table I would like to structure
it, say, as a binary tree. Are there any standard approaches for it?
Is this way of using kstreams is supported in the first place?

Thanks,
Victor.

Re: KTree instead of ktable

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Victor,

The KTable abstraction is mainly for maintaining a keyed collection of
facts that can be continuously evolving from its updates, not as a concrete
data structure in the Streams DSL.

For your case, I think it may be easier expressed in the lower-level API
with the StateStoreSupplier, where you can customize your own StateStore
implementation with a binary tree like DS.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang