Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by qnob <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2009/03/25 20:10:33 UTC

Build order for incremental build with several groups

Hello,

I've configured several group in continuum. Each group represents a
multi-project and is configured as separated module builds (-non-recursive)
for the continous integration. However, on the super pom project, I've added
project level build definitions that run my nightly build recursively.  So,
the nightly build scheduler buts a forced, recursive build for each
multiproject in the queue.  Unfortunately, the ordering in the queue seams
not right. I guess the dependencies in the modules are not respected.

Does anybody know what's wrong. I'm forced to do the nightly-build in
recursive  mode, since I want to aggregate the reports for the whole
multiproject.

Thanks
Kuno

Re: Build order for incremental build with several groups

Posted by qnob <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hi again,

I'd like to precise my problem. I use continuum  release 1.2.2. We have
several multi-projects configured each as continuum group.

subsystem A (A0, A1, A2, A3,..)
subsystem B (B0, B1, B2, B3,..)
subsystem C (C0, C1, C2, C3,..)
..

A0,B0,C0 are the super pom of the subsystem. And A1, A2, ,B1, .. are modules

There are dependencies between the subsystem like: B1 -> C2 , C3 -> A3

The default build definition builds each module separately. The build order
is correct.

Now, I've added another build definitions on A0, B0 and C0 that build the
whole subsystems recursively. So, I'd expect a build order like B, C, A

However, it's wrong!

Can anybody help? Is continuum not supposed to respect the dependencies
through the whole hierarchy?

Thanks a lot
Kuno