Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Alfred FALTISKA <al...@outlook.com> on 2020/06/08 08:50:36 UTC

How do I become a contributor?

Hi all

I was looking for a PDF text extractor for a long time and, after a lot of research, I decided on PDFBox .

I pulled the GIT repo and started running tests.
After 2 weeks, I came up with a long series of performance improvements.
The text extraction is now almost twice as fast while all unit tests are passing.

I would like to join the team and start contributing to the project regularly, if you would have me :)

best regards
--
Alfred Faltiska

Re: How do I become a contributor?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 09.06.2020 um 09:24 schrieb Alfred FALTISKA:
> Sounds good, thank you.
>
> I have committed all my changes to my own GITHUB repo one by one, so I can keep track of what I did.
> It will be easy to move them to SVN as you described.
> I haven't worked with SVN for a long time and never did diffs for review but I will figure it out.

The github mirror is fine too, i.e. for creating a diff from there.

> I would like to have all the tests, send them over, please.
> The more tests the better.

Done

Tilman

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 09.06.2020 um 09:41 schrieb Alfred FALTISKA:
> Hi All,
>

> There are 2 failing tests, at least when running in Windows:
>
> [ERROR] Failures:
> [ERROR]   CCITTFactoryTest.testCreateFromFileLock:216
> [ERROR]   CCITTFactoryTest.testCreateFromFileNumberLock:231
>
> I was going to log the issue and try to fix it but I am not sure what username can I use to log into Jira.
> Is it the email I used when subscribing to the mailing list?

You need to register separately, but you've already done that,
obviously. I'll answer there.

Tilman