Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hellen <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 07:47:28 UTC

problem of sync a huge revision on mirror site

Hi,

I have a problem when I tried to sync a huge revision on mirror site.
first I dumped the problematic revision from the master site. then manually
"svnadmin load .." the dump to the mirror
site. that looks ok from the log, but then I had problem to sync again,
getting the following error message:
----------------------------
svnsync: Revision being currently copied (590), last merged revision (589),
and destination HEAD (591) are inconsistent; have you committed to the
destination without using svnsync?
----------------------------
I know this might be because I did the manual load to the mirror site. but
how can I fix this?
I did some google search, and found someone mentioned:" manual adjustment of
the revision 0 revprops", not sure how it is related to fixing this problem?

as the repository is already very big, I am trying to avoid re-creating the
mirror as someone suggested. But the worse case scenario if I have to
re-create the mirror again, how can I not let the problematic revision(a
very large revision) fail the svnsync again?

thanks much for your help
Hellen

Re: problem of sync a huge revision on mirror site

Posted by svnswapnil <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Murali,I am also getting the similar svnsync error but tricky one.svnsync:
E000022: Revision being currently copied (32529), last merged revision
(32527), and destination HEAD (32527) are inconsistent; have you committed
to the destination without using svnsync?Please note I have two slave
repositories, one is getting synced appropriated, but the remote slave
always run into problem and reports sync failure many times.Then I manually
try to execute the sync command by executing svn pdel --revprop -r 0
--username svnsync --password svnsyncpassword svn:sync-lock TARGETRepoURLBut
above error is not getting resolved. Any solution for this problem, I also
wanted to understand if it is possible to change the revision getting
synced, & how? Thanks in Advance! Any help will be
appreciated.Regards,Swapnil

Re: problem of sync a huge revision on mirror site

Posted by Murli Varadachari <mv...@facebook.com>.
Try setting up the svnsync transfer using the  internal ³svn² protocol
instead of webDAV

[ set up a dummy subversion user ex:  svnadmin on both the servers and then
synchronize master to slave as part of the post-commit hook [ or as a cron
job]. Use this protocol only for the sync process ‹ for standard access you
can continue to use http/ https.

svnsync synchronize --username svnadmin --password abcde
svn://host.xx.com/svnroot &

Cheers
murli

Posted by Hellen <he...@gmail.com>.