Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/07/03 01:59:43 UTC

Non lifecycle forking eclipse:eclipse

Hi,

Does anyone mind if I add a non lifecycle forking version of the
eclipse:eclipse and eclipse:m2eclipse commands. I am using these
commands in a set of tooling and we know that the generate sources
phase has executed. Using the existing mojo forks a lifecycle so
anything up to and including generate sources executes twice. In the
system I'm tooling the generate sources phases takes a long time.
It's not breaking the build but doubling the execution time which is
unacceptable.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

RE: Non lifecycle forking eclipse:eclipse

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
+1. A nice future feature in plexus would be the ability to control
these parameters in a pre-run/initialize phase.