Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mi...@sysline.com on 2000/08/10 14:06:11 UTC

Conflict problem with xerces and jaxp-parser?

Hi

I am running NT 4 + JDK 1.1.7B + SOAP 2.0 rc2 and I am trying to call
XML-SOAP server from the WebLogic 4.51.
Unfortunately some of the EJB-beans in our application is using Sun's
jaxp-parser and for this reason I need them both into my classpath.
(xerces.jar is before Sun's parser.jar because XML-SOAP requires DOM level
2 compatible parser and it needs to be before other parsers in the
classpath)
The error I get from the the EJB-Bean trying to use parser.jar is
following:

Thu Aug 10 14:24:23 GMT+03:00 2000:<I> <EJB> Transaction: '965906301623_70'
roll
ed back due to EJB exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/tree/XmlDocument
        at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.createDocument(Compiled
Code)
        at
com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.startDocument(XmlDocumentBuilder.
java:350)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:284)
        at
com.sun.xml.parser.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java
:95)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:78)

Any ideas what I could do for this. I have thought that different parsers
are compatible which each other
but I quess I am wrong. If this is the case it will be really a challenge
to maintain an environment where you get
components from many different sources...

The parser versions I have tried to use are:
     -  Xerces 1.1.2 and 1.1.3
     - Jaxp 1.0 and 1.01

Mika

Re: Conflict problem with xerces and jaxp-parser?

Posted by Daniel Barclay <Da...@digitalfocus.com>.
Mika.Laitio@sysline.com wrote:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/tree/XmlDocument
>         at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.createDocument(Compiled...

Note that sometimes a NoClassDefFoundError doesn't actually mean that
the class couldn't be found, it actually means only that it couldn't be
loaded.

For example, if an exception occurs while trying to load a class,
Sun's JDK 1.2.2 (sometimes, at least) doesn't report "exception E
in loading class C" or say "error loading class C"; it just says
"couldn't find class C" (as above).

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus

Re: Conflict problem with xerces and jaxp-parser?

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Mika.Laitio@sysline.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running NT 4 + JDK 1.1.7B + SOAP 2.0 rc2 and I am trying to call
> XML-SOAP server from the WebLogic 4.51.
> Unfortunately some of the EJB-beans in our application is using Sun's
> jaxp-parser and for this reason I need them both into my classpath.
> (xerces.jar is before Sun's parser.jar because XML-SOAP requires DOM level
> 2 compatible parser and it needs to be before other parsers in the
> classpath)
> The error I get from the the EJB-Bean trying to use parser.jar is
> following:
>
> Thu Aug 10 14:24:23 GMT+03:00 2000:<I> <EJB> Transaction: '965906301623_70'
> roll
> ed back due to EJB exception:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/tree/XmlDocument
>         at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.createDocument(Compiled
> Code)
>         at
> com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocumentBuilder.startDocument(XmlDocumentBuilder.
> java:350)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Compiled Code)
>         at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:284)
>         at
> com.sun.xml.parser.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java
> :95)
>         at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:78)
>
> Any ideas what I could do for this.

I don't see anything wrong from the stack trace.  It looks like
XmlDocumentBuilder is being loaded fine and it is in the same package
and jar file as XmlDocument.  Need more info.

-Edwin