Posted to users@directory.apache.org by david jones <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 18:59:58 UTC

changing directory of ldif/data

For an embedded server, is it possible to read an ldif in from 1 directory
(i.e packaged with the product) , and store LDAP data (server-work/system)
in a different one (i.e. outside of the product directory)?

I'm using apacheds 1.5, i tried the below code, but it seems to be ignored
when reading in my ldif:
service.setWorkingDirectory(new File("\newdir"));

Currently i'm adding my schema changes to ou=schema,cn=other, does that
affect ldif input vs. creating a new partition?

Thanks,
David

Re: changing directory of ldif/data

Posted by david jones <jo...@gmail.com>.
yea, i moved it from before server.start() to before service.startup() and
it works fine. Guess the names look so similar I assumed it was in the right
spot. Thanks for the help

David

--
David Jones