Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 16:34:08 UTC

CDCR Bootstrap

Hello,

I am wondering under what different conditions does that CDCR bootstrap
process gets triggered.  I did notice it getting triggered after I stopped
CDCR and then started again later and now I am trying to reproduce the same
behavior.

In case target cluster is left behind and buffer was disabled on source, i
would like the CDCR bootstrap to trigger and sync target.

Does deleting records from target and then starting CDCR would trigger
bootstrap ?

Thanks,
Susheel

Re: CDCR Bootstrap

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Tom. Is that correct that i have to execute this for each shard?

Re: CDCR Bootstrap

Posted by Tom Peters <tp...@synacor.com>.
I'm not sure under what conditions it will be automatically triggered, but if you manually wanted to trigger a CDCR Bootstrap you need to issue the following query to the leader in your target data center.

/solr/<collection>/cdcr?action=BOOTSTRAP&masterUrl=<leader in source dc URL>

Re: CDCR Bootstrap

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.