Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2021/05/21 01:40:28 UTC

Publishing Apache Hadoop 3.3.1-RC0 Preview bits

Hi community,

This is the preview bits of the first release candidate of Apache
Hadoop 3.3.1 line. It takes tremendous amount of effort to produce a Hadoop
RC
and we still have a number of unresolved issues [1]. Meanwhile, I'd like to
publish
preview bits so you guys can check out earlier than later. I expect to roll
the official RC earlier next week.

It contains 693 fixed jira issues [2] since 3.3.0 which include a lot of
features and improvements(read the full set of release notes).

Below feature additions are the highlights of the release.
Using lz4-java in Lz4Codec
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17292>
Using snappy-java in SnappyCodec
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17125>
Provide Regex Based Mount Point In Inode Tree
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15891>
Add Public IOStatistics API
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16830>
ABFS: Delegation SAS Generator Updates
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17076>
ABFS: Delegation SAS generator for integration with Ranger
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16916>
Über-jira: S3A Hadoop 3.3.1 features
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16829>
Add Metrics to HttpFS Server
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-15711>
EC: Verify EC reconstruction correctness on DataNode
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-15759>
Standby NameNode process getBlocks request to reduce Active load
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-13183>
LocatedFileStatusFetcher to collect/publish IOStatistics
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-7315>

*RC tag is release-3.3.0-RC0 (4a0b8c92f599553a93a39071d287bb2cc3d1a19d)

*The RC0 artifacts are at*:
https://home.apache.org/~weichiu/hadoop-3.3.1-RC0/

*The maven artifacts are hosted here:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1310/

*My public key is available here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12350491
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(YARN%2C%20HADOOP%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20HDFS)%20AND%20fixVersion%20in%20(3.3.1)%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20ORDER%20BY%0AfixVersion%20ASC

My ask:
(1) please use the bits to test downstream applications. I am aware of a
number of API changes between 3.1.x and 3.3.1 and even between 3.3.0 and
3.3.1. You should use this as an opportunity to test out applications and
be ready for it.
(AFAIK Knox, Ranger, Tez, Phoenix-omid don't compile)

(2) please check out the release notes and change log, find out if anything
important should be included in 3.3.1.

Regards,

1. project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.3.1) AND
status = Resolved ORDER BY
fixVersion ASC