Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Stucki <st...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/26 00:02:44 UTC

Access to SSL client cert from within Java web service

I have my web service running under Tomcat with Apache in front of it. I
have a client connecting to the web service through Apache and it is working
with SSL and client authentication. Now to my questions. How can I get
access to the client certificate info from within my web service (written in
Java)? I need to get the DN from the SSL client cert (that was used in the
connection) from within my web service. I have access to the MessageContext.
Do I get to the cert through that or with something else? I have not been
able to find the client cert info in the MessageContext structure.

Thanks

Re: Access to SSL client cert from within Java web service

Posted by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Are you sure you are posting at the intended group? You probably
get the better luck in the security group. But then, you may not
get any because your question is too basic and can get your answer
easily by playing with the X509Certificate class.

Pae