Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/08/14 10:20:17 UTC

Something's not working right ...

Hi all,

So I am currently doing my first steps in porting an existing framework to Royale. So far I have made good progress.
I am now able to login to my SpringBoot application using Spring Security using BlazeDS and am currently working on porting a loader application.

So as soon as a user logs in, it automatically lists the modules this user is allowed to use and then it should load these modules.

Unfortunately something seems to be not going right with this module. While the others worked nicely, in this case not all referenced classes are output in the built application. Some js files are simply missing. If I manually copy them there and add them to the dependencies in the index.html I can manage to load them, but all in all it’s not really working.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong :-/

The code of the loader application should be quite simple and straight forward:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
  distributed with this work for additional information
  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
  specific language governing permissions and limitations
  under the License.
  -->
<j:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
               xmlns:j="library://ns.apache.org/royale/jewel"
               xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/basic"
               xmlns:html="library://ns.apache.org/royale/html"
               xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx"
               initialize="init(event)">

    <j:beads>
        <js:ApplicationDataBinding/>
        <js:ClassAliasBead/>
    </j:beads>

    <fx:Declarations>
        <mx:RemoteObject id="moduleService"
                         destination="moduleService"
                         fault="onError(event)">
            <mx:method name="listModulesForCurrentUser" result="onListModulesForCurrentUserResult(event)"/>
        </mx:RemoteObject>
    </fx:Declarations>

    <fx:Style>
        @namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

        .bgshape
        {
            background: #00ff00;
        }
        .fgshape
        {
            border: 1px solid #000000;
        }

    </fx:Style>

    <fx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
        import de.cware.cweb.server.core.types.Enum;
        import de.cware.cweb.server.module.model.FrontendModule;

        import org.apache.royale.reflection.registerClassAlias;

        import mx.logging.ILoggingTarget;
        import mx.logging.Log;
        import mx.logging.LogEventLevel;
        import mx.logging.targets.TraceTarget;
        import mx.messaging.ChannelSet;
        import mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel;
        import mx.rpc.AsyncToken;
        import mx.rpc.Responder;
        import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;
        import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

        import org.apache.royale.collections.ArrayList;
        import org.apache.royale.events.Event;

        private var channelSet:ChannelSet;

        private var enum:Enum;

        private function init(event:org.apache.royale.events.Event):void {
            // ArrayCollection has been renamed to ArrayList.
            registerClassAlias('flex.messaging.io.ArrayCollection', ArrayList);

            // Initialize the logging system
            var traceLogger:ILoggingTarget = new TraceTarget();
            traceLogger.filters = ["mx.rpc.*", "mx.messaging.*"];
            traceLogger.level = LogEventLevel.ALL;
            Log.addTarget(traceLogger);

            // Get the base url of the application
            var appUrl:String = getApplicationBaseUrl();
            trace("Application url " + appUrl);

            // TODO: For debugging ... remove
            //appUrl = "http://localhost:8080";

            channelSet = new ChannelSet();

            // Define a short-polling-channel
            var shortPollingChannel:AMFChannel = new AMFChannel("shortPollingAmf", appUrl + "/messagebroker/short-polling-amf");
            shortPollingChannel.pollingEnabled = true;
            shortPollingChannel.pollingInterval = 500;
            shortPollingChannel.useSmallMessages = true;
            channelSet.addChannel(shortPollingChannel);

            moduleService.channelSet = channelSet;

            // Instantly log in as "guest"
            var loginToken:AsyncToken = channelSet.login("guest", "somepassword", "UTF-8");
            loginToken.addResponder(new Responder(onLoginSuccess, onLoginError));
        }

        public static function getApplicationBaseUrl():String {
            var appUrl:String = window.location.href;
            appUrl = appUrl.substring(0, appUrl.lastIndexOf("/"));
            return appUrl;
        }

        private function onButtonClick(event:MouseEvent):void {
            var token:AsyncToken = moduleService.listModulesForCurrentUser();
            // We need to manually register until the support of defining result hanlders
            // in the mx:method element is supported …
            token.addResponder(new Responder(onListModulesForCurrentUserResult, onError));
        }

        private function onLoginSuccess(event:Event):void {
            trace("Login Success");
            // After successfully logging in, we have to load the list of modules
            // the user is allowed to use.
            var token:AsyncToken = moduleService.listModulesForCurrentUser();
            // We need to manually register until the support of defining result hanlders
            // in the mx:method element is supported …
            token.addResponder(new Responder(onListModulesForCurrentUserResult, onError));
        }

        private function onLoginError(event:Event):void {
            trace("Login Error " + event);
        }

        private function onListModulesForCurrentUserResult(event:ResultEvent):void {
            trace("Got Module List:");
            var moduleList:ArrayList = ArrayList(event.result);
            for each(var frontendModule:FrontendModule in moduleList) {
                trace("   " + frontendModule.name);
            }

        }

        private function onError(event:FaultEvent):void {
            trace("Fault");
        }
        ]]>
    </fx:Script>

    <j:initialView>
        <j:View width="100%" height="100%">
            <j:beads>
                <j:HorizontalCenteredLayout/>
                <j:Paddings padding="50"/>
            </j:beads>

            <j:Card width="460" height="680">
                <j:CardHeader>
                </j:CardHeader>
                <j:CardPrimaryContent>
                    <!--j:List width="100%" height="100%" dataProvider="{conferences}"
                            change="onConferenceSelectionChange(event)" labelField="name"/-->
                    <j:Button width="100%" text="Get Module List" click="onButtonClick(event)">
                        <!--j:beads>
                            <j:Disabled disabled="{selectedConference == null}"/>
                        </j:beads-->
                    </j:Button>
                </j:CardPrimaryContent>
            </j:Card>
        </j:View>
    </j:initialView>

</j:Application>

The pom also should be quite simple:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
  distributed with this work for additional information
  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
  specific language governing permissions and limitations
  under the License.
  -->
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <parent>
   <groupId>de.cware.cweb</groupId>
    <artifactId>cweb-frontend</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>

  <artifactId>cweb-frontend-application</artifactId>
  <packaging>swf</packaging>

  <name>C-Web: Frontend: Application</name>

  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main/royale</sourceDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <!--
        This plugin doesn't actually do anything in the build,
        it only makes IntelliJ turn on Flex support
      -->
      <plugin>
        <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
        <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>7.1.1</version>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.royale.compiler</groupId>
        <artifactId>royale-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${royale.version}</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <mainClass>App.mxml</mainClass>
          <targets>JSRoyale</targets>
          <debug>true</debug>
          <additionalCompilerOptions>-source-map=true;</additionalCompilerOptions>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.royale.compiler</groupId>
            <artifactId>compiler-jx</artifactId>
            <version>${royale.version}</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>de.cware.cweb</groupId>
      <artifactId>cweb-core-frontend-utils</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>de.cware.cweb</groupId>
      <artifactId>cweb-module-frontend-utils</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Core</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Jewel</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Language</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Network</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>Reflection</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>MXRoyale</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>

    <!-- Use the Jewel Theme -->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>JewelTheme</artifactId>
      <version>${royale.version}</version>
      <type>swc</type>
      <scope>theme</scope>
      <classifier>js</classifier>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

</project>

Anyone can spot something bad happening here?

Chris

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Harbs,

although I like asconfigc very much since it is very clean, maven config
seems to me very good with Greg improvements. This is an example of the
config in the project I shared here recently. Since we can set any option
in a line, it's very clean for additional options, that used to be the main
problem. The rest is xml that is already clean too:

<configuration>
<mainClass>App.mxml</mainClass>
<targets>JSRoyale</targets>
<debug>false</debug>
<htmlTemplate>${basedir}/src/main/resources/avant2-index-template.html</
htmlTemplate>
<additionalCompilerOptions>
-js-default-initializers=true;
-source-map=true;
-compiler.exclude-defaults-css-files=MXRoyale-${royale.framework.version}-js.swc:defaults.css;
-keep-as3-metadata+=Inject,Dispatcher,EventHandler,PostConstruct,PreDestroy,ViewAdded,ViewRemoved,Bindable,Transient;
-keep-code-with-metadata=Inject;
-js-dynamic-access-unknown-members=true; <!-- to access JSON object graph
subobjects -->
</additionalCompilerOptions>
<defines>
<property>
<name>BUILD::buildNumber</name>
<value>'"${buildTimestamp}"'</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>BUILD::buildVersion</name>
<value>'"${project.version}"'</value>
</property>
</defines>
</configuration>

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Unfortunately that was the first thing I tried :-(

Chris
________________________________
Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

very cool! I think I'll start using private constructors very soon :)

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

    --

    Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Something's not working right ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hmm ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Great.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

so I added your config options to my build and this is the output the compiler gives me:

[INFO] --- royale-maven-plugin:0.9.8-SNAPSHOT:compile-js (default-compile-js) @ cweb-core-frontend-utils ---
[INFO] Executing COMPC in tool group Royale with args: [-load-config=/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/target/compile-js-config.xml, -source-map=true, -js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions, -js-dynamic-access-unknown-members=true, -allow-private-constructors=true, -js-complex-implicit-coercions=false, -js-vector-index-checks=false, -compiler.targets=SWF,JSRoyale, -compiler.strict-xml=true]
args:
-load-config=/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/target/compile-js-config.xml
-source-map=true
-js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions
-js-dynamic-access-unknown-members=true
-allow-private-constructors=true
-js-complex-implicit-coercions=false
-js-vector-index-checks=false
-compiler.targets=SWF,JSRoyale
-compiler.strict-xml=true
target:SWF
target:JSRoyale
COMPC

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(29): col: 48 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

    protected function constantOf(name:String):Enum {
                                               ^

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(32): col: 24 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

            var myenum:Enum = Enum(o);
                       ^

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(43): col: 34 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

    public function equals(other:Enum):Boolean {
                                 ^

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(29): col: 48 Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

    protected function constantOf(name:String):Enum {
                                               ^

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(32): col: 24 Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

            var myenum:Enum = Enum(o);
                       ^

/Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/C-Ware/c-web/core/frontend/utils/src/main/royale/de/cware/cweb/server/core/types/Enum.as(43): col: 34 Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Enum.

    public function equals(other:Enum):Boolean {
                                 ^

0.964242339 seconds

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ...

in the end I avoided the problem ... however I was lucky that the project still was so small.

I disabled the 2 dependencies I had and removed the code that needed it ... then the application worked.
So I tried to add module after module ...

In the end I had a look at EVERY class in my modules and I found my old Enum base class with which I simulated Enums in Flex.

As soon as that was no longer needed, the application worked. So I started with an empty class and commented in code-block after code-block.

As soon as I commented in any usage of getQualifiedClassName the:
"Uncaught Error: Undefined nameToPath for org.apache.royale.utils.Language" Error
Came back (Even if I did add a dependency to that and I even tried forcing it to be included) ...

Another thing I noticed:
I read that private constructors are now possible, but as soon as I have a private constructor my "equals" method complained that the "Enum" type of the other was not known)

    public function equals(other:Enum):Boolean {
        return other === this || (
                other != null &&
                //getQualifiedClassName(this) == getQualifiedClassName(other) &&
                other.name == this.name
        );
    }

Have to admit tracking down this problem took me about 5-6 hours ... that wasn't the most enjoyable of things ... how can we make the compiler tell users what's going wrong better? Right now I am sort of a little worried if I should continue my efforts in porting my old Flex stuff because this really scared the hell out of me. I really hope there won't be many more issues like this.

Would really love to have my enums working correctly ... so if anyone has an idea how I can:
1) Make the private constructors work
2) Make the getQualifiedClassName work

I would be happy to hear.

Chris

Am 14.08.20, 13:13 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Harbs,

    thanks for that ... I'm currently going through the problem with Carlos.
    In the end if I removed the dependencies to my super tiny two other libraries the application started ... so I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

    Chris

    Am 14.08.20, 12:32 schrieb "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com>:

        I don’t use Maven, so I’m not used to declaring the swcs I need.

        A quick look seems to indicate that you’re missing Basic.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.