Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by giga328 <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/01 12:23:28 UTC

Partial RBL exclusion

Some of our IP address blocks are in some RBL list just because we use those
IPs for ADSL and that is normal. For example in SORBS Dynamic IP Space (LAN,
Cable, DSL & Dial Ups) – SORBS DUHL.
We need some way to exclude in testing our IP addresses from SORBS DUHL but
not from other SORBS lists. Is it possible with SpamAssassin? We still would
like to scan emails from our own users with SpamAssassin. We still want to
user SORBS and we still want to use SORBS DUHL.

Regards,
Giga

Re: Partial RBL exclusion

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 01.02.08 03:23, giga328 wrote:
> Some of our IP address blocks are in some RBL list just because we use those
> IPs for ADSL and that is normal. For example in SORBS Dynamic IP Space (LAN,
> Cable, DSL & Dial Ups) – SORBS DUHL.
> We need some way to exclude in testing our IP addresses from SORBS DUHL but
> not from other SORBS lists. Is it possible with SpamAssassin? We still would
> like to scan emails from our own users with SpamAssassin. We still want to
> user SORBS and we still want to use SORBS DUHL.

if possible, ask users for SMTP authentication. the RBLs aren't checked in
such case
- Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
- Elementary, Watson.

Re: Partial RBL exclusion

Posted by giga328 <gi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Thank you for that. I'm back to Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf to take that lesson
again ;)

Regard,
Giga