Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "MacKinnon, Tim" <tm...@ciena.com> on 2005/05/26 16:54:19 UTC

Different wsdl2java behaviour between 1.2Beta and 1.2Rel Axis (Java version)

I downloaded the Axis 1.2 Final Java release from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2 the other day. I wanted to upgrade from the 1.2 Beta version that I have been using for the past few months. I replaced my old Axis jars with the newest ones and updated some classpath info.

With the 1.2 Final release, I am getting some different behaviour with my wsdl2java stub generation.

It seems that any object comprised of an array of subobjects is not generating a stub.

1.2 Beta

With debugging turned on :

[axis-wsdl2java] org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.DefinedType
[axis-wsdl2java] QName:         {http://tempuri.org/ns.xsd}CardInfoList
[axis-wsdl2java] name:          com.ciena.cvas.client.soap.beans.CardInfoList
[axis-wsdl2java] isReferenced?  true
[axis-wsdl2java] Class:         org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.DefinedType
[axis-wsdl2java] Base?:         false
[axis-wsdl2java] Undefined?:    false
[axis-wsdl2java] isSimpleType?  false
[axis-wsdl2java] Node:          [complexType: null]
[axis-wsdl2java] Dims:
[axis-wsdl2java] RefType:       null

[axis-wsdl2java] Generating D:\workspaceCVAS\Axis1.2Bug\1.2Beta\client\build\axis\src\com\ciena\cvas\client\soap\beans\CardInfoList.java

1.2 Rel

With debugging turned on :

[axis-wsdl2java] org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.DefinedType
[axis-wsdl2java] QName:         {http://tempuri.org/ns.xsd}CardInfoList
[axis-wsdl2java] name:          com.ciena.cvas.client.soap.beans.CardInfo[]
[axis-wsdl2java] isReferenced?  true
[axis-wsdl2java] Class:         org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.DefinedType
[axis-wsdl2java] Base?:         false
[axis-wsdl2java] Undefined?:    false
[axis-wsdl2java] isSimpleType?  false
[axis-wsdl2java] Node:          [complexType: null]
[axis-wsdl2java] Dims:          []
[axis-wsdl2java] isOnlyLiteralReferenced: false
[axis-wsdl2java] RefType:

No CardInfoList stub file generation.

I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I have consulted the Axis Tools Reference page - http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#WSDL2JavaReference to see if there is some compile option that I could be missing but I did not see anything here. I am using Ant 1.6.1 and jre 1.4.2_07 for my compiles.

I have created a zip file with the following structure :

1.2 Beta

--> Build
|  |
|  --> build.xml

--> Axis

   --> 1.2 Beta Jars

--> ns.wsdl

1.2 Rel

-->Build
|  |
|  --> build.xml

--> Axis
|  |
|  --> 1.2 Rel Jars

--> ns.wsdl

You can simply run 'ant' in the build directory to see the different behaviour between the two sets of code. I can send this to someone directly if they can possibly help. I don't want to attach it to this mail because it is a little large.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim MacKinnon

Re: Different wsdl2java behaviour between 1.2Beta and 1.2Rel Axis (Java version)

Posted by Jan Delannoy <ja...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried using the -w (or --wrapArrays) option of WSDL2Java?
Apparently this is only documented in the documentation that comes
with the download, I can't seem to find this on the Axis web site...
The documentation says:

-----
 -w, --wrapArrays

When processing a schema like this:

<element name="array">
 <complexType>
  <sequence>
   <element name="item" type="xs:string"/>
  </sequence>
 </complexType>
</element>

The default behavior (as of Axis 1.2 final) is to map this XML
construct to a Java String array (String[]). If you would rather a
specific JavaBean class (i.e. ArrayOfString) be generated for these
types of schemas, you may specify the -w or --wrapArrays option.
-----

Regards,
Jan