Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/12/02 18:05:48 UTC

Release plan for Apache Hadoop 2.6.3

Hi all,
   Based on the feedback from previous email threads and JIRAs, we are in good time for releasing 2.6.3!

Things Done/TODO:

  + Branch
    -- Based on branch-2.6, which has been open to 2.6.3 commits for a while, I already branch out branch-2.6.3 today.
    -- New commits coming as fix to 2.6.3 need to explicitly cherry-pick to branch-2.6.3 as well as branch-2.6.

  + Patches
    -- 2.6.3 already has 31 fixes as list of [1] shows.
    -- The list of open tickets [2] on 2.6.3 is relative small (3 for now) as we already move non-blocker / non-critical ones out to 2.6.4. I'll keep triaging and see what we can get in within a week or so.

  + Release
    -- Given the open ticket list is relative short and all of them are patch available, I plan to start RC process for voting early next week with leaving aside some buffer time.

Thoughts?

Appreciate any help in moving forward open tickets [2].​

Thanks,

Junping

[1] 2.6.3 Fixed Tickets:
http://s.apache.org/Ylq