Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Balaji Iyer <ba...@net4nuts.com> on 2001/06/05 09:11:52 UTC

query regarding restarting tomcat

Hi all,
  My team is using Tomcat as a servlet container and webserver.
Recently a problem is being encountered where every time there is a
necessity to restart Tomcat whenever there are changes to the jsp file
or the javabeans are changed and copied back to the Tomcat classes..work
directory where servlets, jsp are stored.

Does this happen ideally ? I suppose it should not. Pls let me know
when and why would Tomcat be restarted.

Our TOMCAT version we use in the project is 3.20.

Pls. reply soon,

Balaji