Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Robert Gillespie <rw...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/12 17:31:45 UTC

Tomcat Downed w/ High Volume

Hey everybody,

Great to see so much interest and dialog involving SOAP.

We have been "live" with SOAP 2.1 since one week after it was released.  We
are getting a lot of volume coming through Tomcat, probably close to 1000
per hour.  Now this single server is involving SOAP both as a client and as
a service.

Unfortunately, Tomcat hangs every once and a while, and it's always when
there's a high volume of calls and web site hits.

The question is... is there a known limit to Tomcat and what can we do to
prevent this from happening?

-Robert