Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Konstantin Ott <ot...@netropol.de> on 2005/05/26 16:00:37 UTC

problems with filesystem on Windows and OSX

i'm getting problems running nutch on windows and osX. On linux
everything works fine.

When I inject the first time nutch crawls, updates und indexes fine. But
when I inject the second time something hangs and doesnt come back. The
last message is:
Processing linksByURL: Copied file.....
Seems to happen somewhere in the UpdateDatabaseTool. UpdateDatabaseTool
closes the WebDBWriter and there it seems to hang. I dont know what it
is waiting for. Might there be a filesystem problem?

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Konstantin

Re: problems with filesystem on Windows and OSX

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Hi,
nutch with default setup definitely running fine on OS X and windows.
Please check how many open files you have on OS X and may setup the
values in nutch-default.xml.

HTH
Stefan