Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/06/13 21:15:20 UTC

Re: New spam type - sender domain quickly deleted

>> So, that domain at least exists. Could there be a check for whether a=20
>> domain has an MX record, and if not give it some points? Would make=20
>> sense, I guess, because normally e-mail is two-way...
>>
>> And what about the acidstufftv.com domain?

Hi Michael,

I think the rules say to send to the MX, if it exists, or to a host by the name of the domain,
So if neither exists, this would be the one-way syituation.
Other than adding poiunts in that case, I feel it is perfectly valid to reject such mails at the
MTA level. After all, you are taking responsibility for a delivery, although you know you could
not send a bounce message if needed.

Wolfgang Hamann