Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com> on 2013/09/11 07:12:49 UTC

need filesystem-level operations in assembly plugin

Hi all - I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to create zip distributions of
our web application. It takes in the Apache Tomcat zip artifact, and the
war artifact for the app, and creates an assembly.

There are a couple of file operations I haven't figured out how to do yet.
For example, Tomcat unzips to a folder called "apache-tomcat-7.0.42",
which I want to rename to just "tomcat". I figured id use the exec plugin
to fork a "rm" command, which I guess will work in theory but seems
shoddy.

Does anyone support having some "swiss army knife" file manipulation
capabilities (at least rename & move) in the assembly plugin?

Best regards,

Richard

RE: need filesystem-level operations in assembly plugin

Posted by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com>.
That worked like a charm, thanks Michael!

Best regards,

Richard

Am 2013-09-11 07:12, schrieb Richard Sand:
> Hi all - I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to create zip distributions
> of our web application. It takes in the Apache Tomcat zip artifact,
> and the war artifact for the app, and creates an assembly.
>
> There are a couple of file operations I haven't figured out how to do
yet.
> For example, Tomcat unzips to a folder called "apache-tomcat-7.0.42",
> which I want to rename to just "tomcat". I figured id use the exec
> plugin to fork a "rm" command, which I guess will work in theory but
> seems shoddy.
>
> Does anyone support having some "swiss army knife" file manipulation
> capabilities (at least rename & move) in the assembly plugin?

If you intend to rebundle Tomcat, use the dependency plugin which will
unpack [1] the zip in target and then you can readd it to your assembly.

Michael

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

Re: need filesystem-level operations in assembly plugin

Posted by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Richard,

 > Hi all - I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to create zip distributions of
> our web application. It takes in the Apache Tomcat zip artifact, and the
> war artifact for the app, and creates an assembly.
>
> There are a couple of file operations I haven't figured out how to do yet.
> For example, Tomcat unzips to a folder called "apache-tomcat-7.0.42",
> which I want to rename to just "tomcat". I figured id use the exec plugin
> to fork a "rm" command, which I guess will work in theory but seems
> shoddy.
>
> Does anyone support having some "swiss army knife" file manipulation
> capabilities (at least rename & move) in the assembly plugin?

First the question is more dedicated to the users list and not the dev
list...

Apart from that i would suggest to take a look at the truezip maven
plugin...
http://mojo.codehaus.org/truezip/truezip-maven-plugin/

I'm not sure if it will fullfil you needs.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de