Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nikolaus Rath <Nu...@rath.org> on 2001/10/12 18:18:56 UTC

Installing mod_perl

Hello.

If i install mod_perl with

# perl Makefile.pl NO_HTTPD=1

the files in src/modules/perl are not copied into the apache source
tree and the Configuration file is not updated. Not a good way.

If i call mod_perl in a way like

# perl Makefile.pl DO_HTTPD=1

the files are copied and Configuration is updated. But when i run make,
the apache is build at the same time.

Is there no way to copy the files without compiling apache? My problem
is that i want to specify additional options for the apache configure
script, but perl Makefile.PL doesn't allow this.

Thanks for help,

   --Nikolaus
--
$|++;@_=map{chr(ord($_)-$|)}split//,"Kvtu!bopuifs!Qfsm!Ibdlfs-";$\="\r";@a=qw(
< ^ > v);$§="_"x25;until($§!~m~_~){$o=int(rand 28)+65;next if$s{$o}++;$o==91?

Re: Installing mod_perl

Posted by Michael Kroell <mi...@uibk.ac.at>.