Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by mail list <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 05:16:44 UTC

Performance test about HBase Bucket Cache

hi all,

Recently we are trying to test hbase bucket cache, we use PCIE card (1.1T) for L2 cache,
and our configuration like below:

<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.ioengine</name>
        <value>file:/export/hbase/bucketcache.data</value>
</property>
<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.size</name>
        <value>921600</value>
</property>
<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.combinedcache.enabled</name>
        <value>false</value>
</property>

We use YCSB workloadb (Read/update ratio: 95/5) do the test, but we got a less Throughput(ops/sec)
than STAT disk without BucketCache.

So I want to know if there is a detailed bucket cache performance test paper which i can refer to.

Re: Performance test about HBase Bucket Cache

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please also include which hbase release you're using.

Thanks

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Can you give us more details?

Posted by mail list <lo...@gmail.com>.
I will sort out all configuration and the test and the result.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.