Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Thorsten Höger <li...@hoegernet.de> on 2014/03/01 18:42:08 UTC

OpenId Connect

Hi,

are there plans to support OpenId Connect (Server/Client) as extension to OAuth2 in CXF?

Regards,
Thorsten

Re: OpenId Connect

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 03/03/14 18:42, Thorsten Höger wrote:
> Am 03.03.2014 11:27, schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>> Hi Thorsten
>> On 01/03/14 17:42, Thorsten Höger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> are there plans to support OpenId Connect (Server/Client) as extension to OAuth2 in CXF?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Right now, the immediate priority is to support JWT wrapped as CXF ServerAccessToken,
>> and the JWT assertions grant. Next, offer the JAX-RS services support for the client
>> registration and token management.
>>
>> OpenId Connect will be next (possibly some prototyping will start after the JWT support
>> is done). I'm not sure right now in what form it will be supported, may be some of it
>> will be done as part of Fediz, but I think at the very least CXF OAuth2 endpoints should
>> be able to work with the OpenId Connect aware infrastructure...
>>
>> Do you have any particular integration requirements ? What is it that attracts you in
>> OpenId-Connect most ?
> We are using CXF as a REST backend for our online-banking system. The first part with
> OpenId Connect would be to act as an OpenId Identity-Provider. The next part would be to
> authenticate/register new users via Google+, Facebook etc.

Right, thanks. I believe this is in line with the Fediz roadmap which
Oli has put in place, with OAuth2-based SSO covered eventually too.

Just in case: CXF supports SAML SP Web Profile and this has been tested
against many SAML IDPs; Fediz currently supports WS-Fed passive Profile
- deployed in a major production. So we have some SSO support in place.

Cheers, Sergey

Re: OpenId Connect

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill
On 03/03/14 18:50, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 3/3/2014 1:42 PM, Thorsten Höger wrote:
>> Am 03.03.2014 11:27, schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>>> Hi Thorsten

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> Right now, the immediate priority is to support JWT wrapped as CXF
>>> ServerAccessToken,
>>> and the JWT assertions grant. Next, offer the JAX-RS services support
>>> for the client
>>> registration and token management.
>>>
>>> OpenId Connect will be next (possibly some prototyping will start
>>> after the JWT support
>>> is done). I'm not sure right now in what form it will be supported,
>>> may be some of it
>>> will be done as part of Fediz, but I think at the very least CXF
>>> OAuth2 endpoints should
>>> be able to work with the OpenId Connect aware infrastructure...
>>>
>>> Do you have any particular integration requirements ? What is it that
>>> attracts you in
>>> OpenId-Connect most ?
>> We are using CXF as a REST backend for our online-banking system. The
>> first part with
>> OpenId Connect would be to act as an OpenId Identity-Provider. The
>> next part would be to
>> authenticate/register new users via Google+, Facebook etc.
>
> Shameless plug:
>
> We're working on a OpenID Connect extension/auth server over at
> http://keycloak.org.  It can be a social broker, or register/manage its
> own users.  Supports permission/role mappings, OTP, and a lot more. Aims
> for integrated security for both web apps and REST services. Keycloak is
> a solution, not a library, so I don't see why eventually CXF couldn't
> integrate with it if it has/will have openid connect/oauth2 client
> libraries.

Sure, I guess that can definitely work, integrating at that level. And I
don't mind us trying at all, it will be a good interoperability.  But
note we also have Fediz, which is going to become the SSO + OAuth2 star
:-). May be we can use Fediz to interpose over KeyCloak one day :-)

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: OpenId Connect

Posted by Bill Burke <bb...@redhat.com>.

On 3/3/2014 1:42 PM, Thorsten Höger wrote:
> Am 03.03.2014 11:27, schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>> Hi Thorsten
>> On 01/03/14 17:42, Thorsten Höger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> are there plans to support OpenId Connect (Server/Client) as extension to OAuth2 in CXF?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Right now, the immediate priority is to support JWT wrapped as CXF ServerAccessToken,
>> and the JWT assertions grant. Next, offer the JAX-RS services support for the client
>> registration and token management.
>>
>> OpenId Connect will be next (possibly some prototyping will start after the JWT support
>> is done). I'm not sure right now in what form it will be supported, may be some of it
>> will be done as part of Fediz, but I think at the very least CXF OAuth2 endpoints should
>> be able to work with the OpenId Connect aware infrastructure...
>>
>> Do you have any particular integration requirements ? What is it that attracts you in
>> OpenId-Connect most ?
> We are using CXF as a REST backend for our online-banking system. The first part with
> OpenId Connect would be to act as an OpenId Identity-Provider. The next part would be to
> authenticate/register new users via Google+, Facebook etc.

Shameless plug:

We're working on a OpenID Connect extension/auth server over at
http://keycloak.org.  It can be a social broker, or register/manage its
own users.  Supports permission/role mappings, OTP, and a lot more.
Aims for integrated security for both web apps and REST services.
Keycloak is a solution, not a library, so I don't see why eventually CXF
couldn't integrate with it if it has/will have openid connect/oauth2
client libraries.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat