Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Hari Bhaskaran <su...@spider.netmails.net> on 2003/07/29 22:18:39 UTC

Life of env vars set using Apache.pm->subprocess_env

Hi,

Does apache clear env variables set by $r->subprocess_env()
at the end of the request?  Put in another way - Does
apache start with a 'clean' environment for every request?

Long description : -

I set a bunch of variables in one the perl-handlers using
Apache request object's $r->subprocess_env(). Do
I need to unset these variables when I am done with
the request? (or clear them always when I begin processing)?
Assuming the same Apache thread/process is being used next time
(serving a different client) and the code takes a different path,
would there be any problems?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Hari Bhaskaran

Re: Life of env vars set using Apache.pm->subprocess_env

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Hari Bhaskaran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does apache clear env variables set by $r->subprocess_env()
> at the end of the request?

sort of...

> Put in another way - Does
> apache start with a 'clean' environment for every request?

that's a more accurate description :)

--Geoff