Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ranjit Jadhav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/22 05:05:01 UTC

Update Rules for Default Roles

Hello Folks,

I am getting the below error while trying to update Rules for Role Domain
Admin, any suggestions on a workaround.

Request Failed (531)
Role permission cannot be added for Default roles

Any hint/solution will be of great help.

Thanks and regards,
Ranjit

Re: Update Rules for Default Roles

Posted by Pearl d'Silva <pe...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ranjit,

You can create a new role based on role Domain Admin and then modify this custom Role.

Regards,
Pearl

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@angus.uk.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ranjit,

This is by design. You need to create a copy of the Domain Admin role and modify that.  You can then assign the new version to accounts/users.

This is because the 'default' role changes as new APIs are added or modified.  Having your own version gives you a fixed set of rules.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@angus.uk.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ranjit,