Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu> on 2018/08/30 05:10:42 UTC

Load balancing ignite get requests

Ignite 2.5 - fully replicated 8 node cluster

When running load tests with 1 unique key, only one of the servers gets all
the requests.

Is there something to be enabled in configuration for balancing load
between all machines.

Thanks
--
Anirudha P. Jadhav

Re: Load balancing ignite get requests

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
Anirudha, also see [1] for built-in load balancing which could be useful

[1]  AdaptiveLoadProbe
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/loadbalancing/adaptive/AdaptiveLoadProbe.html>

Re: Load balancing ignite get requests

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Well, it depends on a lot of things - if you have small amount of the data,
which can easily fit in memory on each node, then, you can use Replicated
cache.

On the other hand, if you have quite big dataset, you may consider using
Partitioned cache and executing affinity runs.

Evgenii

Re: Load balancing ignite get requests

Posted by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu>.
Thanks, Dmitry,

we seem to have maxed out the performance we can get out of a single ignite
node on a DL380 / whats the best option to scale out and make all replicas
also serve data over get requests?

-Ani