Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Adams, Arthur (Aquilent)" <Ar...@va.gov> on 2007/08/21 11:11:16 UTC

Copy from one branch to another

We're finising a major release of my project here. Once we release we
want
to copy its branch to the subversion trunk.

The key word there is 'copy' -- because this is pretty much a complete
restructuring of our code, the decision was made (before I got here)
that we wanted to replace the trunk, not merge to it.

My plan is to do an svn rename on the current trunk, to something like
trunk_old,
And the an svn copy of the current branch to trunk.

Is there a better way to do that?