Posted to user@tika.apache.org by AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net> on 2013/02/01 16:03:58 UTC

Re: Tika 1.3 server (JAX-WS) usage

> I think it's available directly from maven, eg
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/tika-server/1.3/tika-server-1.3.jar

Awesome.  It certainly is.  And it works! :)

> (Building Tika without Maven is not recommended for beginners!)

I'm getting the feeling this is a very accurate statement.  I'm no
slouch with Java, etc., but I couldn't agree with this more. ;)

NEW QUESTION:
Can I use the standard "options" (like -x, -h, -j, -r, etc) to control
how the server responds?  I think it's returning generic text output as
if -t or -T was passed.

Thank you again!
-AJ

Re: Tika 1.3 server (JAX-WS) usage

Posted by AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net>.
> At that point, I'd suggest you join the dev list, get some advice
> there, then send in a patch to extend Tika with the new features :)

Fair point.

Re: Tika 1.3 server (JAX-WS) usage

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 1 Feb 2013, AJ Weber wrote:
>> The tika-server only provides two command line options -p for port and -h
>> for help message.
>>
> Say we wanted to add some of those additional options to the /tika
> resource? Can we do it within the TikaResource.java, or do we need to go
> deeper?

At that point, I'd suggest you join the dev list, get some advice there,
then send in a patch to extend Tika with the new features :)

Nick

Re: Tika 1.3 server (JAX-WS) usage

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Per our recent conversation will look forward to some JIRA issues on this.

Thanks AJ.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1 Feb 2013, at 15:03, AJ Weber <aw...@comcast.net> wrote:

> NEW QUESTION:
> Can I use the standard "options" (like -x, -h, -j, -r, etc) to control how the server responds?  I think it's returning generic text output as if -t or -T was passed.

The tika-server only provides two command line options -p for port and -h for help message.

You can read more about the different endpoints on the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/tika/TikaJAXRS

Cheers,
Dave