Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/18 06:27:37 UTC

Changes to compaction configuration not having effect

Folks,

I have two different CouchDB clusters to which I applied the same
changes -I wanted to avoid view and database compactions that were
eating away at their performance.

I applied the same changes to both clusters using the API, and both
clusters returned the same smoosh configuration:
{
 "view_channels": "upgrade_dbs,ratio_dbs",
 "db_channels": "upgrade_dbs,ratio_dbs"
}
(I dropped the slack criteria.)

However, while one cluster has stopped compacting, the other has not.

While both cluster have the same databases, they run on different
configurations:

- the behaving cluster is a four-instances,  CouchDB 3.1.0 cluster
running on Kubernetes (Apache CouchDB Helm chart 3.3.4),

- the misbehaving cluster runs on four separate VMs, each with a
Docker container based on the Bitnami 3.1.0 image.

Could someone explain this behaviour?

Cheers,

Luca Morandini