Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org> on 2007/08/20 17:02:31 UTC

Details for the upcoming 1.0-beta-2 release

Hi All,

We're now preparing for the release of Archiva 1.0-beta-2. The release is
scheduled to take place over this coming weekend,
and the details are specified below.

1. Issues that have already been Fixed/Closed:
   - MRM-408 - The mvn deploy:deploy-file command gives "Parent doesn't
exist" in a fresh install
   - MRM-465 - [Load Testing] When asking for pages that require the
effective-pom in high load, app becomes unresponsive
   - MRM-467 - 500 error when user requested the dependency tree for
artifact
   - MRM-393 - Can't delete blacklist/whitelist pattern
   - MRM-471 - Create a sample project that demonstrates how a component can
be plugged into Archiva
   - MRM-374 - Changes aren't saved when updating Archiva Managed Snapshot
Repository
   - MRM-407 - "Scanned" is always set to true even if unchecked in the Edit
Repository page
   - MRM-436 - incorrect default cron expression for snapshots repository
   - MRM-383 - Unable to add new file types for Repository Scanning

2. Issues that will/may be included:

   Assigned/In Progress:
   - MRM-144 - fix miscellaneous tasks listed in important TODO items
   - MRM-153 - when used as a maven1 proxy, Archiva should handle relocation
from maven2 poms
   - MRM-243 - 507 Insufficient Storage when deploying artifact with webdav
   - MRM-398 - configure guest access by default for pre-configured
repositories
   - MRM-435 - need to review repository defaults
   - MRM-437 - admin editing of proxy connectors fails in multiple instances
   - MRM-441 - removing a "remote repository" should not present the page
about handling content
   - MRM-457 - don't display the snapshot removal options in the repository
list page if snapshots are not included
   - MRM-462 - separate configuration of managed repositories from remote
repositories
   - MRM-130 - improve search results page
   - MRM-320 - ProxiedDavServer breaks update policy
   - MRM-463 - Metadata merging doesn't work
   - MRM-409 - No checking of invalid poms or artifacts during repository
scanning resulting to some objects not being found on the database
   - MRM-453 - Create missing tests for repository purge
   - MRM-449 - improvement to the reports form group search
   - MRM-450 - change default label for repository ID report search to "All
repositories" instead of ""

   Open:
   - MRM-128 - better handling of jar artifacts without a pom
   - MRM-196 - paginate results
   - MRM-203 - Reports should be public, not an administration feature
   - MRM-211 - Cannot use Archiva to get Maven1 Plugins
   - MRM-308 - Maven1 requests are not served
   - MRM-309 - relocated artifacts are not delivered
   - MRM-354 - Show Artifact Reports results to HTTP ERROR: 500
   - MRM-385 - Maven config docs refer to /proxy urls
   - MRM-392 - pressing 'return' in the blacklist/whitelist form field
submits whole form and validates, not pressing associated button
   - MRM-428 - managed and remote repositories with same name causes
problems   - MRM-432 -
   - MRM-433 - Artifacts file types aren't take in account
   - MRM-438 - broken images in the download box on the artifact page
   - MRM-444 - Intermittent test failures on proxy
   - MRM-458 - the NOTICE file is overzealous in declaring dependencies
   - MRM-459 - prune the distributed dependencies
   - MRM-472 - Re-enabled metadata tests in archiva-proxy
   - MRM-473 - Fix the proxy code (and possibly the tests) to ensure proper
merging of metadata.xml files.
   - MRM-474 - Create tests for non-snapshot metadata merging
   - MRM-475 - Create tests for snapshot metadata merging

Some of the Open issues above that will not make it for the release this
weekend will be moved to beta-3.

Please feel free to comment :)

Thanks,
Deng

Re: Details for the upcoming 1.0-beta-2 release

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi All,

The beta-2 release was moved to this week so as to include the blocker
issue(s) being fixed by Joakim.
We'll inform everyone for further changes in the schedule.

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> <-- Keen
> /
> (No, not Commander Keen)/

LOL

> I'm working as fast as I can (both velocity and quantity wise), I'll
> have MRM-463 done this week.

Great! Thanks Joakim :)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Looks great, thanks!