Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com> on 2007/03/22 09:36:20 UTC

Strange issue with FacesMessage and t:dataTable

Hi,

in my JSP are multiple FacesMessages with severity error and one with
info rendered. Also there's a t:dataTable. If I use severity error, the
content of the dataTable is not rendered correctly. All columns have the
content of the first column. If I change the severity from error to e.
g. warn, the table is rendered correctly. The model of the dataTable is
always correct. The dataTable is rendered false, of severity is error or
fatal. Very strange problem.

I set the messages this way:

public static void setErrorMessageToFacesContext(String strMsg)
{
	// dataTable rendered false
	FacesMessage message = new
FacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, strMsg, strMsg);
      FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().addMessage(null, message);
}

public static void setErrorMessageToFacesContext(String strMsg)
{
	// dataTable rendered correct
	FacesMessage message = new
FacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_WARN, strMsg, strMsg);
      FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().addMessage(null, message);
}

Any idea ?

Thanks
Oliver

Re: Strange issue with FacesMessage and t:dataTable

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug.   Can you create a minimal example that
demonstrates this problem and open a JIRA issue on it?