Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ZiLi <da...@163.com> on 2011/12/16 03:28:43 UTC

Replication file become very very big

Hi all,
    I meet a very strange problem .
    We use a windows server as master  serviced for  5 windows slaves and 3 Linux slaves .
    It has worked normally for 2 months .But today we find one of the Linux slave's index file become very very big (150G! Others is 300M ). And we can't find the index folder under data folder .There is just four files :index.20111203090855 (150G)、index.properties、replication.properties、spellchecker 。 By  the way , although this file is 150G , its service is normal and the query is very fast .
    By the way, our Linux slaves' index will poll from server every 40 minutes and every 15 minutes our program will update these server's  solr index.
   We forbidden AutoCommit in solrconfig.xml . Is this caused the problem via some big transaction ?
   Any suggestion will be appreciate .

Re: Replication file become very very big

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Hm, I don't know what this could be caused by.  But if you want to get rid of it, remote that Linux server our of the load balancer pool, stop Solr, remove the index, and restart Solr.  Then force replication and put the server back in the load balancer pool.

If you use SPM (see link in my signature below) you will see how your indices grow (and shrink!) over time and will catch this problem when it happens next time by looking at the graph that shows info about your index - size on FS, # of segments, documents, etc.

Otis
----
Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html