Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Te...@itsolicom.fi on 2002/03/04 14:13:27 UTC

dynamically generated PDF documents are not reloaded as they shou ld

Hello,

in the system I am building I have a following problem:
I have a form that updates the information in a database
row AND a servlet that generates PDF using FOP.
when I do (in following order):

1) open a PDF document
2) update the information used in the PDF document
using a HTML form
3) open the PDF document (click the link; the Acrobat
window is actually already open)

The problem is that a PDF document with the
new information is not generated in the already-open Acrobat
window unless I refresh it manually pressing 'F5'  (no menus
containing 'refresh' found in my Acrobat window).

The problem seems to be that the PDF document is
cached somewhere and not is refreshed even if it should. Does
anyone have an idea where I have the old information
causing the problem in cache: server, browser or Acrobat?
I think if I press a browser "submit" button the browser has to
understand to really reload the document, even while my submit
button is not really a submit button but a button that is using
JavaScript for submitting the information in the form.

I am using Bea Weblogic Server 6.1, Internet Explorer
5.5 and don't know of what version of Acrobat.

Teemu Talja
Teemu.Talja@itsolicom.fi
Teemu.Talja@obin.fi
työpuhelin 0307 20138